Saturday, December 1, 2007

FLASH BACK FRIDAY--ON SATURDAY

I THOUGHT THIS PICTURE WAS PERFECT BECAUSE WHEN GARRAN AND I FIRST STARTED DATING ALL HE WOULD EVER SAY WAS HOW HE WAS NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN MARRIAGE! GOOD THING HE CHANGED HIS MIND!
THINGS HAVE BEEN A LITTLE HECTIC AND I FORGOT TO DO MY FLASH BACK FRIDAY. SO NOT ONLY AM I DOING IT A DAY LATE, I AM STEALING MY FRIEND MANDY'S TOPIC. TODAY I AM GOING TO TALK ABOUT GARRAN AND MYSELF AND THE DAY THAT HE PROPOSED SINCE IT IS COMING UP ANYWAYS. ON DECEMBER 13TH 5 YEARS AGO GARRAN CAME OVER TO MY APARTMENT. I HAD NOT BEEN FEELING WELL AND

SO I WAS STILL IN MY PJ'S! (MY MOST FAVORITE SWEATS). SO ANYWAYS I WAS LAYING ON THE COUCH WHEN GARRAN SHOWED UP. I WAS WATCHING BRAVE HEART ON TV AND HE CAME IN AND WE SAT DOWN AND STARTED WATCHING IT TOGETHER. (SIDE NOTE: WE HAD BEEN DATING FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND MARRIAGE HAD COME UP BUT IT SEEMED AS IF FROM OUR LAST CONVERSATION THAT IT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON!) SO ANYWAYS WE WERE WATCHING TV AND IT WAS THE PART OF THE MOVIE WHEN MEL GIBSON PROPOSES TO THE BRUNETTE LADY. JUST THEN GARRAN STARTED ACTING KIND OF FIDGETY. SO I DID NOT REALLY PAY MUCH MIND TO IT. BUT HE STARTED ASKING ME ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS AND BEING VERY SWEET. I COULD TELL HE WAS NERVOUS, BUT IN MY MIND I KIND OF THOUGHT IS HE GETTING READY TO DUMP ME OR SOMETHING. SO ANYWAYS AS WE WERE SITTING THERE TALKING HE SAID WELL I THINK THAT WE SHOULD GET MARRIED. I DIDN'T REALLY SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW IF HE WAS STATING OR ASKING SO I JUST KIND OF LOOKED AT HIM AND SAID OK. I DID NOT KNOW TILL LATER THAT HE WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH MY RESPONSE BUT I HONESTLY DID NOT KNOW HE WAS ASKING. SO FINALLY I SAID ARE YOU ASKING ME. AND HE SAID YES. SO THEN I SAID YES. THEN HE LOOKED AT THE CLOCK AND HAD 5 MINUTES TO BE THERE. HE HAD NO IDEA HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE SO HE DID NOT HAVE THE RING OR ANYTHING. AS HE WALKED OUT THE DOOR, I YELLED DOWN THE STAIRCASE (I LIVED ON THE THIRD FLOOR) AND SAID I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD COME BACK AFTER WORK .. WE HAVE SOME STUFF TO TALK ABOUT. HE AGREED. AND IT IS ALL HISTORY FROM THERE. I THINK I MIGHT GIVE MY BOYS ADVICE ON PROPOSING IF THEY WANT IT. NOT THAT MINE WAS BAD BUT I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THE PROPOSAL CAN BE TO THE GIRL. =)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It happened with my Mom and Dad kind of the same way. He didn't really ever act like he wanted to get married and they were getting along great. They were helping his brother and his wife with their taxes or something like that and my Dad realized what a break he would get if he was married. He turned to my Mom and said We should get married. They celebrated their 31st anniversary this year.

Mike & Mandy said...

You know, I LOVE this engagement story! It sounds like he got the confirmation he needed and knew he wanted you as his wife. Very sweet. I also LOVED your reaction! I think I may have done the same thing! (I would have thought, "Are you being serious because if I say "yes" and you look at me like you were joking, I am going to be pretty miffed!")

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com