Monday, December 31, 2007

A Caucusing We Will Go!

So I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to write this blog. If there was one thing that my mother said growing up was that you never discuss politics or religion. Well I have found that at least one of those has been very true in my life. Politics. Politics always seems to flare up peoples emotions and even between friends there have been awkward moments when certain views do not align. However I decided to write this anyway and hopefully not offend anyone. I think I have made a decision about who I will be caucusing for on the 3rd but to keep hate/love mail to a minimum I will not reveal who it is. However I wonder how many of you will be out doing the same on the third. I have to admit this is my first time taking a real interest in the election. In the past I just voted in the final deal and that was it. However as I have researched all of the candidates that are left to choose from, I find myself and I hate to say this choosing the lesser of two evils. There is not one candidate that fits everything that I am looking for. I wish I could say "Oh yes this guy is perfect" But of course I think we know that is unrealistic especially in politics. I got really frustrated the other day as I was researching each one. I would start to get excited about a candidate and then hit a topic that was very important to me and hit a wall because they did not share my view. Oh well I guess that is the point of these, to find out which person best matches what you want. I think that the next person we elect has a lot of work in store for them, and I hope as citizens we are smart enough to elect someone that will do a really good job. Ok off my soap box. All for now. Enjoy the 3rd whatever you decided to do.






No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com