Friday, February 8, 2013

Walmart.... Of Course it would happen again.

You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that I had not had any funny or odd experiences at Walmart lately. I was thinking that maybe the universe was leveling out or something. 
Anyways, I was shopping at walmart, with Ayla who was in a funk. I was not feeling that hot and my contacts were driving me crazy. While trying to keep Ayla in the cart, I blink and my contact goes flying out of my eye. To where it went, I do not know. 
So now I am trying to shop, sick, with a whiney child and one good eye. 
Let's just say this trip is not going well. 
So I get through my list while doing my awkward squint with my one good eye. I finally make it to the one of 5 checkouts that was open. Wouldn't you know there were lines like it was black Friday, and I pick the one line with the most annoying lady ever. EVER!!
So she and her son who was 4 (I know this because he told me) had two carts full of groceries. While I watch her put stuff on the belt and then take it off, put it on and take it off, her son was chatting me up.
(just so you know, i was not rude to the kid, but there are times when you just don't feel like chatting. This was one of those times.)
So here is just some of what I was asked.

Are you a mom?
Can she have candy? (referring to Ayla)
Does she have brothers and sisters?
Where is her dad?
What is his name?
Does she go to daycare?
Why doesn't she go to daycare?
I don't go to daycare anymore.
I had a nice teacher.
I don't have a teacher anymore.
Are you buying groceries?
Are you going to buy candy?
What are you doing for Valentines Day?

So it went on and on. While his mother was also full of questions. 
And by that I mean, with every item she placed on the belt, she asked the cashier if she should buy it. If she had tried it, if she should buy her son one lunch-able or three?? If the spicey chicken caused heartburn, because she does not like having heartburn. 
Oh my goodness, I about came unglued!! I waited behind this women for 25 minutes. By the time she was done she only bought one cart worth of groceries and left the other cart full of things she could not decide if she wanted or that the cashier had not approved!
Have I mentioned.....
I HATE WALMART!!

3 comments:

Carie said...

I don't even understand that kind of logic?! Two carts and you only buy one cart's worth of food? Does she not realize that someone has to put all that stuff back?! I was becoming irate while reading this!

I HATE WALMART TOO!!!!

Lisa said...

OH my goodness! lol. Your Walmart stinks! Sorry, I am just laughing.

Mandy said...

I agree, it is rare I come out of that store without some little incident or just plain grouchy from dealing with the workers and the clientele! This wasn't at Walmart, but I remember going to KwikStar once back in Iowa, and I waited almost that long for an old gentleman to go through his ritual for picking lotto tickets. It was insane.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com