Friday, May 27, 2011

hmmm. what is that taste?

( this is a gross post. don't keep reading if you don't feel up to it)

let me start off by saying that since i have been couponing, we have a wide variety of different brands of the same products. we have started going with what we can get the best deal on. so for example, we have a ton of different deodorants, but hey they all do the job, so no one complains.
well last night i went into the bathroom and got my toothbrush out of the cabinet. everything seemed normal with it. it definitely looked the same as it did when i put it away that morning. so i put some toothpaste on and start to brush. i am not exactly sure when i began to notice. i would say maybe somewhere in the three to five area of brushes that I noticed the toothpaste had an unusual flavor to it. I took my toothbrush out and looked at it and thought, what in the world is wrong with this. then out of the corner of my eye i see it. garrans deodorant sitting on the ledge of the back of the toilet. LID OFF! i pick it up for closer inspection and see that there are these lovely little fine grove marks going across the top. that's right. my daughter had picked my lucky toothbrush to be the winner to rub all over daddy's old spice deodorant!!! i have to admit i gagged a little when putting it all together. it was one of those slow motion moments where i could see it in my head happening and then a light bulb went off and i realized that i had just put that in my mouth.. SIGH.
so i instantly throw that toothbrush away and go and get a new one from the closet. i scrub my mouth for probably about 5 minutes. you would not think that old spice deodorant would have such a lingering taste. however i can tell you from experience that it does.
after brushing, my mouth still tasted like i had had an old spice popsicle for dessert so i decided to try some mouth wash. let me just say that Listerine and old spice mixed together could seriously be used as some form of torture for bad guys!
i went and got a bottle of water to flush it out of my mouth and because well old spice does its job and my mouth felt like cotton.
i finally decided to give up and go to bed. before i did i went to check on the kids in their rooms. the boys were fine and then on to briea. as i looked at that sweet little girl laying there, i thought, it is a good thing you are cute. especially right now. as i bent down to give her a kiss, i was overpowered by the smell of old spice again (you can go ahead and insert another gag from me at this point). apparently briea had rubbed it all over her arms.
i think it is time to lock the upstairs bathroom again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lol. What a silly girl!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com