Thursday, February 24, 2011

DMV...Dun.Dun. Dun!

Ok, so today I went to the DMV, yet again to get my driver's license. (no kidding, this is like the 10th time I have tried, but they are never open or there is always some dumb reason it does not work) So I get there, feeling rather good that they are actually open. Usually they are closed when they are supposed to be open. So I take my trusty number..275! When I sit down, there is a room full of people. They are only on number 260. I figure, that is ok, it should move pretty quickly. It does not move as quickly as I would like, but I wait for roughly 45 minutes. I am still not to upset. At least I am finally in this DMV and they are actually open and I am finally going to get this accomplished. Finally......finally they call MY number. 275! I jump up and walk to the counter. I have a smile on my face and say, "I moved here from Iowa and need a new license....Please". The lady says ok. Then she proceeds to tell me that she needs my social security card, birth certificate, current drivers license, and proof of residency. Still smiling I hand her all the above. She looks at the stack and then smiles and hands it back. For my proof of residency they said I just need to bring a piece of mail. They did not specify which kind of mail, just a piece. So I say, "What's the problem", as I gently slide the stack back her way. She says, 
"This is the wrong kind of mail honey".
 WRONG KIND OF MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you kidding me. really. it does not specify that I need a medical bill on the paper, it says MAIL!!!!
so i thank her for her time, ask what time they open in the morning and say "See you then!"
This DMV will not get the better of me and will not beat me. My quest to get a license from this sly and tricky DMV will happen. I plan on being their tomorrow when the doors open to get my license and plates for the van. They said they will be open....Ya, we will just wait and see.
oh and ps. as I am leaving this lady stops me and says, "Hun, you have a sticker on your rear." What I think. Ya I have this big long strip sticker from the groceries we bought on my butt. I had it there the whole time. While I was standing in front of the whole DMV. AWESOME

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to stay positive and upbeat. Waiting without results is so frustrating!

ALTA said...

oh my goodness. i got to the bottom and laughed and laughed. you are so funny. i hope i can have that good of attitude when i go through that in NC

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com