Friday, January 8, 2010

poor kael


so a few weeks ago we watched my friends little baby for her overnight. they had been so overwhelmed with sickness, a new job, holidays, i said i would love to take this sweet new boy off their hands for a night. well i was not the only one. the boys were asleep by the time i brought Finn home but the next morning they got a big shock. they walked out in the living room to find me holding Finn. this was the following conversation.

Cullan: Mom, you had another baby... and didn't tell us!!! That is GREAT!!
Me: No, this is Ed and Stacy's Baby, baby Finn.
Kael: Yeah!! Baby Finn, this is Ed and Stacy's baby, Baby Finn??
Me: Yep.
Kael: Can I hold him PLEASE!!

so the boys took turns holding him. then it was time to feed him. Kael wanted to help so I let him. then Kael just wanted to hold him. it was so sweet. he sat and held him for a good 20 minutes. he would yell to Cullan, to bring things to Finn that he thought he might like. so Kael would yell out, "Cullan, get Finn a train, HE NEEDS IT!" Cullan would do as he was asked and then the train would just sit on Baby Finn's chest. Kael was adorable stroking Finn's head and saying things like, "Shh, Shh, Shh, it's ok Baby Finn".

this video is when i told Kael it was time to take baby Finn home. i know he is so sad, but i could not help but giggle. I am not sure if it is on this video or not, but at one point Kael said, "But Mom, Baby Finn can not go home, because he is my BEST FRIEND!!". What a sweet kid i have.


6 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

Aww, the bonds are knit so quickly! Love, perfected!

Mo said...

That is soooo sweet Mr. Kael Bael

Britt said...

What a sweet little one.

Lisa said...

that video is precious!

Krista said...

Well Meg...time for #4 I think...hehe. Tui is the same way with Maddox...loves him so hard and sad when he goes home. I love sweet boys!

Stacy said...

Oh man... I love it! :O) I remember seeing this when you posted it and it was the sweetest and funniest thing... Kael will love seeing this when he's older... as will Finny.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com